Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Code Red 2: Life Sentence ~ Chapter 7

Mika’s Note: Can ya tell that Eric Chruch’s song had just come out? LOL

Two Pink Lines

“Oh… my… god…” Ali groaned, rolling over into the sunlight.

“Whatsa matter?” Blake mumbled sleepily.

“I think the phone’s ringing…”

“Ignore it, babe…” he murmured, attempting to pull her back into his arms.

“Can’t Cowboy.” She placed a light kiss on his cheek and sat up. “The friends I’ve got? If I don’t answer the phone, they come find me.” Stretching, she shrugged on Blake’s discarded flannel and barefooted it down the hall.

“This had better be worth dragging me out of my warm bed,” she announced.

“Don’t you mean ‘away from the warm body I was snuggling’?” Albert’s laughter filled her ears and she gave in and smiled.

“Yeah, somethin’ like that, I guess.”

“Glad to hear it. I was afraid he’d bail on you and then I’d have to kill him.” He paused, trying to phrase what he had to ask next. “So, what’s new?”

“Um, I’ve discovered that there is such a thing as ‘almost too much sex’.”

“Almost?”

“Yeah, because although I’m sure I’m getting there, I haven’t quite reached the ‘too much’ part yet.”

“Oh gods… and you wonder how you got into this situation.” He tried and failed to stifle his laughter. “Sooo… anything else I should know?”

“Subtle, Rogan. Very subtle. The rabbit didn’t die, if that’s what you’re asking.”

Albie breathed a sigh of relief. “That’s good news.” He paused. “Or is it?”

“I think so, although I got the distinct impression Blake was disappointed. I could’ve been misreading him but I dunno…”

“Well, I guess its better that he’s disappointed that you’re not than angry because you are.” He coughed out a short laugh. “Did that make sense?”

“Only coming from you it did.”

“Oh, shut up and go back to bed. Lemme know if you actually make it to that point of ‘too much’.”

“Not sure if I’ll make it, but I’m sure we’ll try our best. Bye-bye and thanks for checkin’ up on me, Pop.”

“No problem.”

Ali hung up the phone and laughed.

“Oh, this isn’t good.”

“Hey hot stuff! What are you doing out of bed?”

“Looking for you.”

“Oh well, here I am! Now, what isn’t good?”

“The fact that you were laughing when you saw me nekkid.”

“Ooooh… that!” She covered her mouth to catch an escaping chuckle. “I was actually laughing at Albie. He was calling to check in.”

“Check in? Is he looking to come home already?”

“Maybe, but he was more concerned with whether he was gonna have to shoot you or not.”

“Me? What have I done?”

“Nothing… yet. He was afraid you were going to freak out and bail on me, with last night’s issue.”

“Ahh,” he mumbled, lips against her neck. “Never in a million years.”

She wrapped her arms around his waist and smiled. “Glad to hear it. So, so glad.”

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I should've known from the comment you made at the beginning but I was hoping she would've been pregnant :-( Can't wait to read the rest!