Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sierra: Part 2

Not a whole lot to warn you about in this story.  No sex, very little language, but a bit of suggestion.  :)  And um, okay, so I had a hard time breaking this apart and you got two pieces. LOL  Also, forgive my formatting... I never bothered to fix that, either.  LMAO.

That's how it started.

Here's what happened next:

Dakotah remained estranged from me for many months. It wasn't until after Angie and Peyton split ways that I saw him again...

~*~

I was just turning off the shower when the phone started ringing. Expecting the answering machine to pick up, I reached out and grabbed my towel and began drying.

Three rings. Stop. Three more rings. Stop again.

Odd. Whoever was calling was hanging up before the machine could pick up. Grunting, I wrapped the towel around me and waddled damply to my phone. Looking at the caller ID, I noticed Angie's number. Before I could even think to call her, the phone rang in my hand.

"Hello?"

"Jeez Sierra! Where have you been?"

"In the shower, Ang. What's it to you?" Man, she was agitated. "You could've left a message."

"What? To tell you I dumped Peyton? Not hardly!"

"What?" It was my turn to ask this. "Why'd you dump him? I thought things were going good."

A heavy sigh came over the phone. "It *was* but not now. He was always gone at night. I couldn't ever get a hold of him during the day. He was becoming possessive and impossible!"

I counted to ten before responding. This sounded like every other guy she'd ever dated to me. "Sorry to hear that. Any idea why?"

"Yeah. Other women. LOTS of other women. I'm such an idiot."

"Nah," I consoled. We all make mistakes. Big ones sometimes," like letting a gorgeous man getting away without even getting his number, I thought. "Don't worry about it too much."

"Yeah," she agreed. "Maybe you're right." She was quiet for a moment, then: "There is this cute guy in my biology lab that's been asking me out..."

"There you go! Perfect!"

"Thanks! He left me his number; maybe I'll go call him. Thanks, Sierra. I knew you'd help!"

"Anytime," I lied. She was just too easy to 'convince' when it came to men. Angie wasn't a whore, but it didn't take much to coerce her into dating someone. Oh well. She just moves on. Wish I could.

I'd just put down the phone and was on my way back to my room when the phone rang again. Expecting Angie again, I answered the phone: "So what now? Need permission to sleep with him too?"

"Excuse me?" came that sultry voice I never thought I'd hear again. "While I admit to a dalliance or two in the past, I've been quite content with women for a very long time."

Oh my goddess! "Dakotah? Is that you? I'm so sorry! I was expecting Angie again and she's always looking for approval for whatever crazy idea she already has. I..."

"Shh, it's quite all right." He was laughing at me which *wasn't* 'quite all right'. "I found myself at your doorstep this evening and was wondering if you had plans for the evening."

"No," I said then kicked myself. THAT sounded desperate. "I mean, not yet. What brings you over here after so long?" I have to admit I was fishing.

"I'd finally decided I'd been too long without you and your company. May I come up?"

"I'm naked." DOH! Idiot! "I mean, I just got out of the shower and haven't gotten ready yet. I'm a mess."

"You're lovely as you are. Please, go get dressed. Leave that paint off your face. You've got a lovely complexion; don't ruin it with that stuff."

I was dumbfounded. NEVER had a man told me to forget the spackle. Hmm...

"I'll patiently wait down here until you're ready."

Quick moral debate. Morals lose. "Come on up. I'll let you in and then get dressed."

He arrived at my door in half a minute. I let him in and retreated to my bedroom practically floating. He was, if possible, even *more* gorgeous than before.

"What were you planning?" I called from behind my half-closed door.

"Nothing fancy, just a walk in the moonlight maybe. Dress comfortable."

That, I like. Comfy. Jeans, Hello Kitty T-shirt, Nikes.

He slowly appraised me as I emerged from my room. His amazing blue eyes devoured me from head to toe and back again. "Perfect. You look perfect."

Without another word, he took my hand and led me out of my apartment and onto the sidewalk. We walked towards the park and basked in the light of the nearly full moon. He didn't speak again until we'd passed through the park and back again. At my door, he paused and considered me carefully.

I was flying high right then. My prince had returned! "Come on, we can talk inside." I turned to go in and he stood on the mat.

"Sierra, I came tonight to apologize for something that happened when we were last together. I did something inexcusable.”

Inexcusable? I didn't remember much but I knew it couldn't have been THAT. There wasn't any way. My neck was the only thing sore that morning. Well, that and my head.

"*Please* come inside. I have *extremely* nosy neighbors."

He contemplated that for a minute and reluctantly stepped inside. I curled up in my favorite chair, waiting for the bomb to drop. He remained standing, pacing, wearing a hole in my already sad carpet.

"I took advantage of you last time we met." I started to protest and he waved me quiet. "No, not in the way you're thinking. We regrettably did not have intercourse but... I did trespass upon your body in a way I shouldn't have."

Okay, if you say so. "I'm confused. If we didn't have sex, then how did you take advantage of me? Did you rob me?"

Wearily shaking his head, he sighed, "No, my dear. It's not that simple." He paced some more. "How should I say this? I'm not like other men you've met."

Ain't that the truth, I thought to myself. I've never met a god before.

"That's not what I meant either," he replied to my thoughts, startling me. "But I am happy to see you find me desirable."

"Okay, now you're freaking me out. HOW did you know what I was thinking?"

He caught my gaze again like he did that night but this time I didn't feel my body yielding to his like before but I was unable to look away. His hands lightly gripped my wrists. :I'm not human. I'm a creature of the night. That night, I took your blood and not your innocence. It doesn't matter anyway because I didn't have your permission to do so.:

He released his hold on me. I blinked rapidly trying to take in what he'd just revealed to me. "Why are you telling me this? Why didn't you just erase my memory or kill me off?"

"Because in all my three hundred and more immortal years, never have I come across someone such as you. Only once, in my mortal life, did I know someone like you. My wife. She was lost to me the night I became what I now am." He paused and looked out my window. "But that's a story for another night."

I remained silent. What do you say to something like that? I mean, how often do you have supernatural creatures confessing in your living room? Not often on my block!

"You have an old soul, Sierra. I'm not going to tell you you're my wife reincarnated because I don't think you are. But you aren't new to this earth. You've walked this path before. There's a reason things come easy to you. Baking, healing, working magic." His eyes met mine and he went on. "I've been looking for someone like you for a long time."

In the midst of trying to find the right words, he pressed his lips against mine, gently at first, but quickly with growing passion. With one arm snaking around my waist, he pulled me against him. I could feel the hard lines of his body and the tips of his protruding fangs as his tongue pushed into my mouth. Gasping for breath from the unexpected kiss, I stared up into his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he began, backing away. "I couldn't stop..."

I grabbed his wrist and stopped his retreat. "Kiss me again," was all I managed before he was on me again.

~*~

Being the lady that I am, I will leave it at that. He tasted my blood again that night, bringing us both more pleasure than we knew possible, but just a nip and no more. Dakotah was determined to court me in his old-fashioned way and I was bound to let him. It's nice being courted. And taking just a sip was his way of letting me know he respected me for more than a meal.

I now live with him in his place on the outskirts of town. Or, what used to be the outskirts. This city has grown so much, there isn't much outskirt left. The wildest parts of town are the more densely inhabited areas instead of the dry, desert areas of old.

We've lived here for close to 18 months together. It was the best decision I'd ever made. I just hope I still have a place to live in the coming months. He's a good guy, yes, but he's not always that understanding. Besides, it's going to be quite a shock. All these years he didn't believe he could father a child. A big shock. Three hundred plus years is a *long* time to go believing something only to have it proven wrong.

~*~

So, are you still with me? Good! Glad I could entertain you. Now, I've got to go rest my ever-expanding body and prepare for the influx of trick-or-treaters. Might as well try and think of a way to break this interesting bit of news to my blood-sucking, creature-of-the-night, father-to-be too.

What's that? The truth? Come right out with it? Nah, it'll never work. I'd wind up with more than the usual hickey he gives me, I think.

Guess it's a good thing it's Halloween. At least no one would notice his fangs as he's chasing me down the street.

Maybe I can convince him it was aliens...

1 comment:

Robin S. said...

I love it! But I want to know MORE PLEASE!! Pregnant huh? Nice twist. Keep it up!!