Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dakotah: Prologue

Mika's Notes: Nothing exciting to report. LOL

Prologue

Journal Entry ~ July 29

I’ve heard it said ‘that which don’t kill us makes us stronger’. If this is the truth then I fear I may be close to invincible at this point in my unlife. For better or for worse, I’m here to stay.

You see, in the three hundred plus years I’ve lived, I’ve endured – and overcome – much hardship. Wars, famine, plagues, you name it, and I’ve most likely lived through it. Horrors that those alive today cannot even begin to imagine. Or would ever want to.

So, how was I to know that there was something much more dangerous than anything I’ve ever known before lurking around my one place of safety? A threat so near to my home and my love? And who would have ever believed that an arrow to my heart would come so close to doing what all the terrors of the modern world hadn’t been able to manage?

Surely, it was a surprise to me as well.

Eternally yours,

Dakotah James

1 comment:

Robin Snodgrass said...

I like the prologue. Grabs you, pulls you in to find out more about what he's alluding to.