Monday, September 15, 2008

Dakotah: Epilogue

 

Mika's Note: Yeah, yeah, yeah... I can hear you cheering... stop it. LOL  'Scuse the horrid poetry.  LOL

Journal Entry ~ August 3

All is well once again in my home. My love has been returned to me, body, mind and soul. And I believe I have learned my lesson. I must have since here I sit, hot mug of tea in my hand, despite the horrid heat of August in Nevada. It may take a century or two, but I do eventually learn.

My mother would have agreed, whole heartedly on that account.

She is still wary of me, even on my best days. She’s seen the caged animal get loose and now fears retribution for having stashed him back inside his fenced preserve. I think she fears I’m going to lose control of the demon inside me again and that I’m going to lay the blame on her for forcing me to keep him locked away. I doubt she’ll ever know, or truly understand, that she is the reason I lock him away, have banished him from my existence.

You can’t love when you are consumed by desire, greed, and need. You can only destroy. Melinda is a prime example of that very principle. May the gods above save me from that fate. I pray that Sierra and her dear sister, Cheyenne, drag me into the sunlight before I become the bitter, angry vampire that Melinda has warped into.

I have lived my life refusing to have regrets. While I wish I hadn’t ever harmed Sierra, I do not regret what has transpired between the two of us. I think it was necessary for her to understand the nature of the beast that resides within me. I only wish I hadn’t hurt nor scared her nearly as much as I had. That’s as close to a regret as I am allowing myself. She will be more careful from this day on. And maybe, just maybe, she knows me a tiny bit better than she had just a few days before.

Tyler is even more enamored of my russet-haired witch than ever before. He admires her beauty and is amazed by her strength, the emotional as well as the physical. Never before have either of us encountered a mortal being with such strength of heart and spirit. She is what keeps me sane, and what gives me reason to rise with the moon every evening. My dear Sierra, this poor creature would be beyond lost without you in my life.

And you wonder why I was so drawn to you from the very beginning. I only wish I could explain it to you. Maybe someday. But until then, I will have to satisfy myself with caring for you and seeing to your every need. Even if that entails humiliating myself by being your coffee boy. Your wish is my undying command.

In eternal night,

Guided by the brilliant

Light of my love,

No more searching; only finding

I sought you for centuries

You, my perfect mate

Only to find you now

Just when I thought I’d lost

All chance to ever have

My reward, my rescue

I hold on tightly

Afraid to let go and be lost

In the eternal darkness

That I know as my soul

Dakotah James, once upon a time known as Tawno Brishen Kobori, forever just to be me

1 comment:

Robin Snodgrass said...

Wow! I loved the poem! And the circular way in which you concluded the story. You didn't magically make her get over her fears, but made them both learn to deal with the consequences of their actions. The only thing I would have liked to see was Melinda getting what was coming to her but it wasn't her story so that's not a problem. I loved this Mika! Looking forward to what you decide to share next!!