Monday, September 15, 2008

Dakotah: Chapter 6

Mika's Notes: Figured I'd post what was left.  Yippee, right?  And forgive me if my chapters end abruptly.  Never divided it up before for some dumb reason and am too short of time to REALLY read it over.  So, hoping it makes sense. LOL  Some violence and assuredly some bad words...

"They'll be here soon," Melinda announced confidently, pacing the bare concrete floor. "He's letting his thoughts slip in his excitement. I can hear him loud and clear." A triumphant smirk crossed her face.

"That's good. I can't wait to get my hands on him!" Brett chuckled, ideas flitting through his mind. "My payback for stealing what was going to be a very lovely slave for me." His gaze flicked to Sierra.

Melinda looked down at him. "You will do no such thing. He is MY chylde, MY responsibility. If anyone is to dispatch him, it will be ME. Do you understand?"

He nodded his assent, too terrified of her to speak. Too disappointed to think of a good enough response.

"Good. Besides, once I have him back under my control, I plan on taking him home with me." Brett did not like the smile on her face.

***

"Oh dear Goddess," Sierra breathed, "I'm so stupid. I was just scared. Please help him find me. If you help me out this time, I swear I won't buy any more herb plants. I will never murder another innocent plant!" Tears streaked her cheeks. "Please help him find me!"

I already have, my child, daughter of my soul. Be strong and blessed be…

Sierra started and looked around until the feeling of peace and security overcame her and she knew her goddess was with her. And that eventually, she would be safe again.

***

"Doesn't it figure? All these warehouses! She could be anywhere." Tyler groaned, looking from side to side at the numerous buildings surrounding them.

"She's not. She's here. This one." He pointed to a nearby grey colored building. "I can hear her breathing."

"In we go then!" he announced more eagerly than he felt.

The two vampires walked the perimeter of the building, scouting and observing their environment while trying to find an entrance. They came across a side door on the west side and broke the lock.

“Easy enough,” Tyler muttered, watching Dakotah snap it in his fist.

Inside, it was dark. The warehouse had been designed so that inside there was two smaller warehouses and one large office area. Their door had led them into one of the smaller warehouses.

"Which way?” Tyler looked around them, the darkness not an issue for the vampire. “She's obviously not in here."

Dakotah thought for a second before the question was answered for him. "She's at the north end, in the back of the office," announced a feminine voice. "But you're going home with me."

"Over my undead body," Dakotah fumed. "I will never follow you and your twisted self anywhere ever again.” Just let me get Sierra and get the hell out of here, he begged.

"And you, Tyler, Mr. Big Shot Vampire, you're mine,” Brett growled from behind his newest master.

"Brett!" Ty exclaimed in disbelief. "What the hell? Why are you here? And why am I really all that surprised?”

"You wouldn't understand, I'm sure. You'd never believe me if I told you how your friend deceived Sierra by telling her vicious lies about me. How he stole her from me." He shook his head sadly, consumed with his self-delusions. “She’s so sweet and delectable, I just wanted a taste or two but not now.”

"I warned her about you, you pig! You take girls out and a week later they're on a milk carton,” Dakotah defended himself and his past actions easily. No matter what her eventual answer to his courting was to be, he’d been determined to make sure she didn’t end up with him. And dead for her troubles.

"I wasn't talking to YOU!" he shouted, turning to glare at Dakotah, anger flaring in his green eyes.

Tyler took the opportunity. Flinging himself at Brett, he knocked him to the ground. Brett fought and struggled, landing one good punch in on Ty's jaw. Being the stronger of the two, Tyler wrestled him to the ground and slashed him across the throat with his nails.

Brett's hands flew up to his rapidly escaping blood; his scream gurgled in his ripped throat. Tyler quickly pulled his silver executioner's knife out of the holster at his hip and finished the job. Quickly. Bone snapped as he sawed through the punk's neck. I’m enjoying this too much, I think.

Panting, Tyler looked up at the sound of a single clap.

"How daring! My hero!" Melinda teased. "Now I don't have to get rid of him myself." Her glare turned back onto Dakotah. "You on the other hand..."

Like lightning, she flew at him, claws and fangs bared, prepared to cull her cub. Her flight stopped abruptly, her body hitting an unseen force surrounding her target. Stunned, she fell limply to the ground. Briefly dazed, she weakly muttered, "What the..."

Dakotah didn't give her a chance to finish the thought. He was on her immediately, pushing her face down on the cool cement. She thrashed and kicked, throwing him off to the side. Melinda rolled onto her back and oriented herself. In a breath, he was back on top of her, shoving her back to the ground. She saw the glint in his eyes and panicked. He meant business this time. There'd be no persuading him tonight. He’d changed, just like they’d warned her.

And typically, she refused to listen.

He saw nothing but her beautiful pale breast. The white skin he'd fallen in love with. The soft body he'd held so many nights... You can't think about that, he harshly reminded himself. Raising the blade he always carried with him, out of habit, and for moments like these, he brought it down, strong and sure; it met the concrete as she dissipated beneath him. Silver rang on concrete; the sound echoed loudly in his ears.

Another time, my love, she laughed. However, you’d better keep an eye on that little witch of yours, just in case.

"This isn't over, is it?" Tyler sighed.

"Not by a long shot, I'm afraid. Let's go find Sierra." Dakotah stood, brushing the dust from his denim clad jeans, his wife his only objective now.

1 comment:

Robin Snodgrass said...

Glad slimy Brett is gone! Interesting the way you injected Dakotah's former feelings for his sire. Nice touch.