Wednesday, September 10, 2008

About Dakotah

First of all, it has a lame title so, if you think of something while reading PLEASE let me know, k? 

Second, I wrote this in July 2002.  I had been on my way to my ceramics class when, waiting at a red light, I glanced over towards Mt. Charleston and observed the sunset.  At the time, there had been some horrid wildfires burning out of control.  The smoke and fire, however, made the most amazing blood-red sunset I'd ever seen.  I started writing this story the very next day.  The image of that sunset was burned into my brain.

Five years later, I pulled poor Kotah back out and dusted him off.  After approximately doubling the word count, fluffing and fleshing out the story, I submitted it for a writing contest and lost.  LOL  But oh well, I still lurve him...  :)

Warnings on this story: It's a bit more violent than my normal stuff and, of course, there's lots and lots of naughty stuff too.  *G*  I hope you like.  I think it's one of my better pieces, although my best friend disagrees.  LOL

~Mika

1 comment:

Robin Snodgrass said...

Been looking forward to reading this one since your first tease.