Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Code Red: The First Mission ~ Chapter 8 Interlude

Mika's Note: Jokingly subtitled Okay, Make Me.  LOL  Can we say conscience easer?

“Shana,” Ali whispered, grabbing her friend’s arm, “Help me!”

“Help you?”

“Oh gods, Blake gave me five minutes and…”

“And then he’s gonna rip your clothes off?” She grinned knowingly.

“Something like that.”

“So what’s the problem?”

“The problem is that there isn’t one…”

“So?” Shana was confused.

“He and Leslie, technically, are still together!”

“With the way she was hanging off Bryan all night, I doubt that.”

Ali sighed. “I agree but…”

“But nothing. If she’s sleeping with him, Blake’s more than fair game. Besides,” she patted Ali’s arm, “I didn’t once see or hear her looking for him. Go find your man and make him yours. Finally.”

“Yeah, I’ve been way too good for way too long. I’ll deal with the guilt after the afterglow has faded.”

Shana covered her mouth and laughed. “There’s my girl!”

“Uh-oh…” Ali sighed. “Here he comes.”

“And he looks… determined.” Shana laughed harder. “Um, is saying ‘have fun’ necessary?”

No!” she stage whispered, intent on doing just that.

1 comment:

Robin Snodgrass said...

Great little interlude. :)