Monday, August 18, 2008

About Code Red: The First Mission

Okay, so you'll be laughing at me by the end of this introduction, but I'm not sure I care.  Way back when I was in like the fourth grade, my absolute favorite cartoon (or one anyway) was G. I. Joe.  Yeah, I know, how sad is that?  But, my best friend and I really took to this show and, as kids do, we took our favorite characters and made them our own.  For me, that was Lady Jaye, for my best friend it was Scarlett.  We used to play act and I would write out the adventures.  And now, some twenty-four years later, I still am.  What can I say?  LJ and Red became a huge part of my life.

Anyway, I hadn't written anything in probably two years when I was bored at work one day and started surfing the web.  I have to admit, I was haunting the BS'ers fan club message board - Blake Shelton's fan club - and found a picture of him, taken with a fan.  In that picture, the fan had stolen his cowboy hat and was wearing it.  Now, if you don't know who he is, he's got these great dark wavy almost-curls and in the picture, you could tell he'd had his hat on because his curls had gone to the dark side.  Something about Blake's head of hat hair really set me off and for the first time in a long time, I started writing again.  That was July 20, 2006.  What I had intended to be a short story became SO much more.  And poor Blake, heaven help him if anyone he knows ever stumbles across this blog because I use him and abuse him.  Funny thing is, he suddenly took on a good number of my husband's characteristics. LOL  Zanderyn in Blake's body, what a freaking combo.

But anyway, I'm going to post this bit by bit, because I need to go back through and remove the G. I. Joe references and code names... can't have Blake AND Hasbro suing me now, can I?  One other thing, this is pretty mild for the most part but when there is sex (and there is, trust me), it's GOOD SEX.  LOL  So, consider yourself warned.  And, seeing as I can be a bit lazy, the rest of these posts may just say CR:TFM Chapter whatever.  But, if you need to sort them out, look for the categories.  It'll always spell it out for you.

Happy Reading!

~Mika and her best buddy, Allyson Hart Matson

(Robin, this is all your fault ~ ask and you shall receive)

2 comments:

Robin Snodgrass said...

I'll take all the blame, er, credit for you posting these! I've wanted to know ever since I read the first Ali / Blake snippet.

Soooo, WOO HOO!!

Mika Stevens said...

LOL Somehow I knew you'd feel that way. And thanks. :)